Unique, delicious and healthy – we teach you how to start your day powerful and satisfied! Tips, facts and recipes for the most important meal of the day!
According to Ayurveda, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To activate your agni, your digestive fire, your body needs food. Without any breakfast, our body will respond quickly to stress, our blood sugar level is low, concentration won´t come easy and our metabolism need more time to “start.” We will be tired quickly and have binge eating habits for lunch or cravings for sugar and sweets.
Eat Right for your Mind-Body-Type
The important point is to eat right for your Mind-Body-Type, your Dosha. The needs of your body for your diet are very unique! Vata is all about air and aether, you remember that it is mobile, rough and dry? And that we should eat the opposite? Great. This week we start with breakfast ideas for Vata Dosha. This Dosha needs food for grounding, food that is moisture, nourishing and warming!
You will help your unique Body type to activate your agni, breaking down the nutrients, feel grounded but energized and more healthy. If you never tried this before, I highly recommend a few weeks of Ayurvedic breakfast – the effects are there after a few days. Promised!
All About the ingredients
Porridge in every variety is perfect here – it is simple to prepare, it got minerals, protein, carbs and fibers to get your digestion going! But it don´t have to be just oats. You can use Quinoa (perfect for Vata because high in protein), rice (can be also prepared sweet with plant milk) and Tigernuts! Toppings like berries (also warm), banana, cinnamon, cocoa nibs, agave juice or maple syrup are grounding and calming your Dosha. Prepare your breakfast in the evening, when you run out of time in the evening. So you can just warm it up quickly and put on some mouth watering toppings!
Get inspired by this easy and mouthwatering Vata porridge recipe:
½ cup of gluten-free oats
2 cups of plant based milk
1 pinch of salt
½ teaspoon of cardamom
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of sesame oil
1 Cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
1 Hand full of blueberries
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
A handful of almonds, raw
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Here we go:
- Heat the sesame oil in a small pot and add the spices there. Enjoy the smell and add plant milk of choice. When it is slightly heated, you can put your oats into the milk. I always use a fist full of oats, cause that is the size of my stomach. Start it slowly in the morning and don´t over eat it! Let simmer on a medium heat and stir well. Add the salt.
- In the meanwhile, you need another small pan or pot. Chop your strawberries into halfs and start to heat them slowly with the blueberries and the maple syrup on medium heat. (Agave Juice works also well!)
- The texture of the Porridge should be creamy and not too sticky, if needed, add a bit more plant milk. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and add the toppings: Start with the berries and the delicious juice, add the chias and the almonds.
- I had warm cocoa also this morning, spiced up with cinnamon and cardamom as well! Enjoy!
Doesn´t this sound perfectly to start your day with? Here are some pro-hacks to save time in the morning:
- Prepare oats and other grains overnight, your porridge will be much creamier and also faster done!
- Chop your fruits in the evening and add them in a small bowl into your fridge!
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier to find time to prepare and eat a Moment in silence before you leave the house.
- Go seasonal with your toppings to find more variety! The Farmers market can inspire you!
- Try to drink a warm water in the morning first – 30 Minute before you have breakfast. I do this always in the bathroom when I prepare myself for the day.
Can´t wait to share with you some amazing Pitta facts and recipe next Sunday! We will also talk About Kapha and all mixed types! And what about a chart on ingredients for the Doshas? I dive myself now in endless creativity and productivity and wishing everyone a Beautiful start into the new week! Namaste!