Another great way to treat your body with relaxing herbs is to make this Phô! This Phô comes along with Fennel, Cinnamon and good ingredients that leave your body satisfied and balanced. So your body doesn´t have to deal with digestion so much and this will release tension in your body. It is also super delicious and easy to prepare, one of the recipes we also can make every time when we are hungry and need something fast-to-go. Let´s make our period magical!
• 8 cups vegetable broth (I usedDashi)
- 3 cups water
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 whole star anise (or ½ teaspoon powder)
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon of cinammon
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Soy sauce to taste
- 1 package rice noodles
- Fresh or frozen basil
- Fresh or frozen cilantro
- Fresh or frozen mint
- Green spring onions
- Sautéed mushrooms (used here Champignons, Shiitake and Oyster)
- 1/2 Spiralized carrot
- 1/2 Spiralized zucchini
- Mung bean sprouts
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedges or juice
- Heat sesame oil, onions, garlic and ginger in a pot and after a few minutes add the spices all together. Stir for 5 minutes and add broth. Cover and let the spices and broth simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste and add soy sauce as needed. The amount you need will vary a bit depending on your taste preference and how salty the broth you used is.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil and cook your rice noodles. Follow the directionsof the package and reduce the amount of time about one minute. Drain and rinse the noodles with very cold water. Add the noodles to a bowl, because the get sticky super quick.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and start to sautee the mushrooms. Add the shrooms , zucchini, carrots to the broth and let simmer for one more minute.
- Bring broth into the bowl and start to bring the toppings of choice on top.
Here are some facts about the magic ingredients and why they are helpful to you:
Fennel relieves gas and bloating.
Star Anis is a warming aromatic herb that moves blood and reducing cold-stagnation.
Cinnamon is long relied upon for it´s stimulating effect on the circulation – it warms your blood and your body into coziness with a sweet taste. The warmth it brings to cold hands and feet is so helpful for your period time!
The laxative and circulatory qualities of garlic are useful in cleansing regimens.
The earthiness of mushrooms is a sign of the ability to keep you grounded and calm your nervous system.
Ginger lifts your mood and boosts enthusiasm.
Sounds good, right? Let us know how this worked for you! I usually eat this on my first day of my period and it helps me a lot to stay comfortable and relaxed.
Let us know if you tried and share your experience with us! ❤️ Beautiful Saturday to you and much Love!